Personal Training Career
How To Apply: Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of why you feel you would work well at The Summit
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
Thank you for taking the time to visit our site. It's my hope you have precisely what I need in a Fitness/Personal Trainer so you can begin working with our great clients and in an environment that allows your passion for caring for others to be utilized.
So let me briefly tell you about the training position, my company, and myself.
My name is Jason Harley and I run training studio in Fulshear, Texas called The Summit Fitness Studio that specializes in creating personalized, safe, and progressive training programs for helping individuals/couples/semi-private groups.
My business is dedicated to joining individuals along their health journeys and helping them reach their SUMMIT through resistance training, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and our accountability.
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, inspired, and organized person to join our team and start training new clients.
The Summit currently offers one-on-one customized fitness programs, buddy/couple training, semi-private training, and nutritional coaching.
All clients who start with our program get a free consultation, initial assessment, exercise program design, quarterly cooking classes, and weekly training sessions here at The Summit.
If you are hired for this position, you'll learn client on-boarding process become proficient in the sales/marketing system while your client base grows. Training clients in the studio Monday-Friday between 5am - noon, 8-10AM Saturday, and 3-7:30PM on Monday-Thursday, if needed.
Bottom line: you'll get around 4 hours of admin per week at $10 per hour. and $20 per hour training clients. The Summit offers a fun environment, nice training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
As an owner and leader I am, respectful, understanding, and appreciative. I like making fitness fun and bringing a lot of energy to my clients sessions, while also having the knowledge and experience need to get the best results and make modifications. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others...because that's what we do at The Summit.
Tasks You'll Be Expected To Perform
- Sales and Marketing. Initially you will be working more with sales and marketing as your client base grows. I desire you to have some marketing skills being able to produce newsletters, emails, and social media posts. Also know the how screen and schedule potential clients.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, and review client nutrition, . It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health, fitness, and performance program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests.
- Coach clients through a Personal/Semi-private program.You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you're working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client's goals as well as making proper modifications when a client has physical limitations.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness trainer to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. Also have a basic knowledge and understanding of the nutritional supplements that we carry in the studio and promote the use of them to our clients.
- Ensure that cleanliness and equipment is maintained.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Nationally certified personal trainer
- Previous training experience is REQUIRED
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients.
- I'll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can't teach you manners and professionalism.
- Ability to bring energy to all of your sessions, even at 5 AM.
- People skills and personality. You must be PASSIONATE about working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio.
- CPR certified
- Develop personalized exercise programs that meet the client's changing needs and goals.
- Teachable/Coachable must be able to follow my guidance so that the clients have the same SUMMIT experience.
- Marketing Skills communicate through email, create newsletters, and promotion on social media.
- Kinesiology degree
- Corrective Exercise experience
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner of The Summit Fitness Studio